1. Allahabad Bank is the Oldest Joint Stock Bank of India.
2. Andhra Bank was the bank founded by a Freedom Fighter Dr. Bhogaraju Pattabhi Seetaramayya.
3. Bank of India was the first bank to open branch outside India (in London, 1946)
4. Canara Bank is the bank to be given an ISO 9002 certificate for one of its branches.
5. The postal department has issued a commemorative stamp in the name of Central Bank of India celebrating 100 years in 2011.
6. Central Bank of India is the First Indian Bank to be wholly owned by Indians.
7. Punjab National Bank is the bank fromed on the efforts of Lala Lajpat Rai.
8. Syndicate Bank is the bank whose brand equity is "Pygmy Deposit Scheme".
9. UCO Bank is the bank which was conceived by Shri GD Birla.
10. Union Bank of India is the bank which was inaugurated by Mahatma Gandhi (in 1919).
11. SBI is the largest commercial bank in India.1st purely indian bank was the Oudh commercial bank with limited liability by the Indian Board.
12. Punjab National Bank was the first Indian bank with unlimited liabilty (estd in 1984).
13. SBI launched a new scheme "Parivarthan" to attract more customers by rendering better services.
14. Govt. of India's holding in SBI is reduced from 55% to 51% in August 2010.
15. ICICI bank is the largest private sector bank and 1st Universal Bank in India.ICICI bank is the 1st bank to have crossed Rs. One Trillion market valuation.
16. SBI launched a "Crore Pathi Only" branch in Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh). The criterion to open an account is the minimum opening balance of as One Crore.
17. Bank of Baroda has largest number of branches abroad. Its punchline is "India's International Bank"